What we do with this information
We use this information to contact you about appointments and to help you to achieve your goals in therapy.
During your Initial Consultation we will ask for:
Your name, address, telephone and email contact details so that we may contact you during the time we are working together. We also ask questions about your occupation or education, health, hobbies and what you wish to achieve with the help of Solutions Focused Hypnotherapy. These questions will help us to get to know you better and to formulate the therapy sessions.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, which are effective from 25th May 2018, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed: which is why we have produced this policy
- The right of access: if you wish to see your file then please make a request in writing to Angela Hayes, Data Processor. We will provide with information either in hard copy or electronically via email within 30 days of receipt of your request.
- The right to rectification: this is your right to request changes to any information we hold that is factually inaccurate. If you believe any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, please let us know as soon as possible and we will make the appropriate changes.
- The right to erasure: given the nature of our work we are required to hold our details for a period of 7 years. After this period your information will be securely destroyed.
- The right to restrict processing: we will only use your information for the purposes that we have stated. Most standards of confidentiality applied in professional contexts are based upon the Common Law concept of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of “greater good”.
- The right to portability: we will not share your information, other than in situations described above, without your specific consent.
- The right to object: we will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given us specific agreement to do so.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling: we will not use your information for profiling purposes.